Norman Vincent Peale
“Become a possibilitarian. No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see possibilities -- always see them, for they're always there.”
Norman Vincent Peale

Wednesday 7 March 2012

Jumping the Gun...

I'm taking an online pottery course from Diana Fayt, one of my all time favourite potters!  I've been trying to figure out how to "draw" the fine lines on clay almost from the first day I started playing with mud.  I won't tell you the hours I've spent perusing websites and blogs, trying to figure out the technique.  Let's just say I have a long, LONG, list of favourite sites in my bookmark folder!  Anyway, it's not all that complicated and I had actually worked it out on my own before enrolling in this class, though she has some great tips and there's much more to come!  Today I'm posting a picture of the small folded foot platter.  Project #2 (after learning the folded platter technique).  I've sort of jumped the gun and decorated it before she's actually posted our "homework" for the week, but I've been known to be a little impatient...and I have 3 more platters ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment