Norman Vincent Peale
“Become a possibilitarian. No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see possibilities -- always see them, for they're always there.”
Norman Vincent Peale

Friday 2 March 2012

In The Beginning

First post.  I made a teapot today.  My first.  I have to admit that I don't know a lot about making teapots, but thanks to instructional You Tube videos and a number of "how to" books, I managed to finish it!  The good news is everything fit!  The lid fits beautifully, which truthfully, was the thing I struggled with the most.  I see a few things that could be improved upon and I've had a few critiques, which I appreciate.  The knob on the lid is a little bit large...phallic looking, my daughter tells me (egads!)...and the handle might be just a little small in proportion to the pot itself, but all in all, I think it looks pretty neat and tidy.  I suppose that the true test will be pouring a pot full of tea.

But for now, I need to decide how to finish it...sgraffito? mishima? a magnificent glaze (arrggh....I know so little about glazing!).

1 comment:

  1. I love your tea pot. As I said I started pottery in about 1996 to make one. I still have not.
    I do love your banner pics the bowls are stunning. Love the design and texture. Lovely touch with the word eat.

    ReplyDelete