Norman Vincent Peale
“Become a possibilitarian. No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see possibilities -- always see them, for they're always there.”
Norman Vincent Peale

Thursday 8 March 2012

Copycat?

I decorated my teapot today!  I used some of the techniques I've been learning in my class with Diana and a few things that I've picked up on my own.  I have to say, it looks so much better than I imagined it would....although the bird is a little elongated because my paper stretched!  But luckily it's following a curve and so I don't think it's too noticeable!  I think the pot resembles Diana's work a little more than it should, not that I'm complaining about that because of course I absolutely LOVE her pieces.  I worry though, that it's more her than me and when exactly is that a problem in the ceramics community?  Mishima of course isn't her and hers alone.  It's an age old technique and there are some amazing potters that use it.  I was sure to use copyright free images.  The talented Diana illustrates her own.  I only wish I was artistic in that way!   I've also been dabbling in multi-media art, including collage for several years now and so the idea of adding decorative ebellishments isn't entirely new to me.

So...am I a copycat or not?  I'll be asking around.

No comments:

Post a Comment